Wednesday 28 November 2007

Its Oh So Quiet

Its damn quiet here in the office today, so for once I thought I’d take some time out to pop a little summin’ summin’ up on here for a change. I threw up the Scarface video earlier today – if you’re hating on that track, you’re obviously a joker, so jog on. Not much has been moving on the hip-hop front down here in the South Easy. No big shows of any size, and nothing seems to be on the radar either. This time of year is always a quiet one as the students start drifting back to their famalams, and the cold weather seems to stop people wanting to travel further than is strictly necessary in search of a good night out.

If you haven’t heard it yet, go check out the new Wu Tang long player – 8 Diagrams. Aside from a few minor irritations (I’m not a big fan of some of the singing up on there) its definitely a return to form for the crew from the 1-6-Oooooh. There are some on fire verses from Meth and Ghost – fuck it, all of the Clan bring the heat during the course of the LP, obviously dedicated to the man ODB (Rest in peace Ol’ Dirty!). So go find yourself a copy and get into that kung-fu frame of mind. Wu-Tang Clan still ain’t nuttin’ to fuck wit’.

Anyway, its time for the random Fantana Reports Top 10. On fire my good man.

1./ Girl You Know - Scarface
2./ Posse From The Bronx – Camp Lo (Black Hollywood LP)
3./ I’m So Hood Remix (yes, really) – DJ Khaled feat. Jeezy, Luda, Busta, etc.
4./ Ego Trip – Dubbledge ft/ Skrein (Richest Man in Babylon LP)
5./ Weak Spot – Wu Tang Clan (8 Diagrams LP)
6./ Prove Me Wrong – Rick Ross ft/ Devin The Dude
7./ We Gon Ride – Saigon ft/ Tru Life
8./ Stop, Look, Listen – Statik Selektah ft/ Styles P, Termanology & Q-Tip
9./ Get Naked You Beezy – The Federation
10./ Popos – Turf Talk ft/ E-40 (West Coast Vaccine LP)

And a big special shout to my man 184 who has put the finishing touches on his remix of my track Ill Padrino, as well as G-Petz laid down some ill chops in the hook. I’ll link it up on my myspace as soon as I get a second.

F

No comments: